Snugglebug Commission Information!
[edit - I went and re-colored the red parts with a newer brown fabric pen so they were darker and more brownish, i.e. more accurate to her actual coloring. I also realized that I gave her the wrong kind of neck binding; so I went and made a little "clasp" out of the same pewter ribbon I used on her feet.]
And now for the unveiling of a "secret" snugglebug knock-off! And hopefully she will be the last. These last three I made in the first place because I had the extra optics left over from the past few knock-offs and I wanted to do something with them. At this point, most of them have been used up.
Morgan. Was. An enormous
pain. I don't think it's too hard to see why, what with all her patches and seams and things. But she came out in a way that I couldn't be happier with.
Morgan happened because I had so much excess materials from past projects that were perfect for making her. I wound up ordering a bit of red minky and ran to the fabric store to buy some ridiculously cheap, on-sale navy fleece (because I needed to see the navy fabric in person to make sure it was muted enough to work) so I could go about making her. The red minky, upon arrival, was less the color it claimed to be online and more of a vivid "cherry" color. I almost want to see how vivid the fabric actually labeled "cherry" looks now. Fortunately I had a leftover dark brown pen from when I was trying to figure out which brown was the best for Bonnie's
stripes, and with some work I was able to color it and rub off most of the pigment to make it a bit darker and a bit less bright. Yet somehow my camera makes the red look almost that vivid. In person it's more Dr. Pepper red.
I tried to edit it in Photoshop to make it look less bright but this was the best I could do.
Morgan is mine,
9 and stitchpunks are Shane Acker's.